Mid-Hudson Love In the Name of Christ PRAYER Update – March 1, 2013
Thank you for your continuing prayer for Mid-Hudson Love INC. Attached is a prayer calendar with daily prayer suggestions.
Please pray for us this month as we seek to hire a part-time Clearinghouse Coordinator. Please pray that the process would be filled with wisdom and discernment and that God would provide the right person for this very important position.
Mid-Hudson Love INC continues to work towards beginning a Transformational Ministry program, to meet with a select group of clients for mentoring and life skills classes. Please pray that God would lead us to the right contacts as we make plans for these classes and as we look for a suitable location in the City of Poughkeepsieto hold this program.
Thank God with us for our 156 Ministry Volunteers and the many hours, gifts and talents they generously share with Love INC. (Ministry Volunteers are those who interface with our clients in some capacity.) We praise God for a wonderful evening celebrating these volunteers at our Volunteer Dinner last week. We praise God too for our Event Volunteers who help us with the SCRABBLE® Blitz Tournament, the Cookie Walk and other events. We hope to honor these volunteers at a later date. We also thank God for all of YOU who pray for us. Your ministry is vital as we seek to build relationships and transform lives In the Name of Christ. We are so grateful for and blessed by the many people God has led to serve Mid-Hudson Love INC!
Mid-Hudson Love INC has submitted a grant to the Community Foundation for a website and technology update. Please pray for God’s favor on this application and that we would receive the full amount of the grant. Notification date is June 1.
Please continue to keep our clients in your prayers. Below are some specific needs for this month (with names changed for confidentiality).
- Robert is a 41-year-old man with Multiple Sclerosis. He has great difficulty getting around and is on a very limited income. A partner church is helping him with food, and Love INC has provided personal care items, linens and clothing. Please pray with us that God would heal this precious man and that he will receive the benefits he needs to be able to pay his rent and stay in his apartment.
- Sharissa is a 34-year-old mother of 4. The father of her children, who no longer lives with Sharissa, had been incarcerated and currently has no job or ability to help support his family. Sharissa is working hard to provide a better life for her family. She has a job in the health care fiend and is attending a nursing program at Dutchess Community College. She had been living with her mother, but she and her children now have an apartment of their own. She has not yet been able to furnish her new place adequately. Please pray that we would be able to help meet Sharissa’s need for furniture and that she would continue to have a positive attitude and be able to complete her nursing program with excellence, enabling her to better provide for her family.
Thank you so much for your prayers. You are such an important part of this ministry.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” - Colossians 3:23-24
Mid-Hudson Love In the Name of Christ PRAYER Update – February 3, 2013
Please pray with us for a successful Cookie Walk on Saturday, February 9 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. atPoughkeepsie United Methodist Church. Throughout the day, people will be coming to walk down rows of tables, choosing from hundreds of pounds of delicious, specialty, home-baked cookies to purchase for an $8.00 per pound suggested donation. Please pray for good weather, for smooth logistics, for plenty of cookies, for lots of buyers, and for a successful day. Please thank God with us for all the volunteers and bakers who make this event possible. If you would like to bake cookies or help with this event, please contact your church liaison firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of you have prayed with us this year for John Thoman, one of our original Mid-Hudson Love INC Board members, who had been battling pancreatic cancer. Thank you for your prayers. John died on January 20, confident in his faithful Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Please thank God with us for John’s life of service to God, and continue to pray for the Thoman family during this difficult time.
Please pray for the Love INC Board of Directors as they seek to discern God’s will for the beginning of a more formal Transformational Ministry. We have been asking clients to help us identify life skills classes that would be valuable to them. Those that have been most often requested include nutritious cooking, computer skills, prayer, Bible study, job skills and job interview practice. We need God’s wisdom to determine how, when and where to begin this new phase of ministry. Please pray that God would provide the volunteers needed to be leaders, mentors, teachers and helpers in this ministry. We are eager and excited to begin Transformational Ministry, and we want to discern well God’s leading and move forward in faithful obedience.
“The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” - Luke 4:18-19
Mid-Hudson Love In the Name of Christ PRAYER Update
August 1, 2012
Please pray for Mid-Hudson Love INC during the next several months as we begin to look forward to 2013. We will be setting goals, nominating board members and working on our yearly budget. Pray with us that our Board of Directors will clearly discern God’s will for Mid-Hudson Love INC during this time.
August 8 is Renegades Love INC Night! Please pray that this will be a night of fun and fellowship, building relationship and sharing the ministry of Love INC with many new friends.
On Thursday, August 16, Bridgebuilders, a team of teens from our area, will be joining us to learn about poverty, to pray for our clients, and to deliver furniture and personal care items. Pray that God’s Spirit would be working in and through these young people as they reach out to others In the Name of Christ.
We ask that you continue to pray for our clients. I will list a few specific needs below, with names changed for confidentiality. Please pray with us for God’s grace in the lives of His people.
Judy recently moved to this area after leaving an abusive living situation. She is pregnant and has been sleeping on the floor. Her son also does not have a bed. She is afraid that those who wish to harm her will find out where she is. Please pray for peace for Judy and that we will quickly be able to meet her needs for beds.
Cindy is also a victim of violence and has been in and out of shelters. She moved to this area to take care of her ill mother. Please pray that Cindy will be able to afford to stay in her new apartment. Pray also for healing for her mother.
Maria fled genocide in Uganda with her two children. Their father was killed, and many family members are still in danger. Maria has a green card and is trying to support herself. Please pray that Maria’s needs will be met and for safety for her family in Uganda.
Please also see this month’s prayer calendar for those who wish to pray daily for the ministries of Mid-Hudson Love INC.
Thank you for your faithfulness in prayer.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard you hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
– Philippians 4:6-7
Mid-Hudson Love In the Name of Christ PRAYER Update
July 1, 2012
Attached is a prayer calendar for this month. We appreciate all of you who pray daily for the
needs of Mid-Hudson Love INC.
Below are a few client requests (with names changed for confidentiality) –
We continue to praise God for the privilege of meeting needs and building relationships
with His people in this area. Praise God with us that we were able to provide quick
delivery of a bed to John who recently had hip replacement surgery. He is so grateful,
and he credits the new bed with helping him greatly with his recovery.
Please pray with us for April, a long-term client who has had a health setback and is in a
nursing care facility. She knows God and has been visited by Love INC volunteers, but
she still is feeling lonely in the nursing home. Please pray that she would sense God’s
presence. Pray also that her dialysis treatments would be effective and that her strength
and health would be quickly restored.
Francine has MS and colon cancer and is having a very difficult time making ends meet
because of her health issues. Please pray for healing and for her financial needs.
David is getting his life back together after a long incarceration. He is becoming
discouraged because he has not been able to find work. Please pray that God would open
doors for him to be able to provide for his needs. Pray also that he would have hope for
We also ask that you would pray for John Thoman, a member of our Love INC board who is
undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer. Please pray that the treatments would be successful
in shrinking the tumor and that the cancer does not spread to other areas. Pray for strength in
body, mind and spirit for John and his family.
“You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that
my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.”
Mid-Hudson Love In the Name of Christ PRAYER Update – June 4, 2012
PRAISE GOD with us for so many answered prayers.
- We asked you to pray for wisdom and a smooth transition to a new phone service. Installation took place last month. Although there are still minor adjustments to be made, we praise God for a smooth installation process, for a phone system that we think will meet our needs well, for a reasonable bill for the change-over process, and for an anticipated saving of over $700 per year on our phone bill!
- We asked you to pray that God would provide us with a volunteer Gap Ministries Coordinator, and God has provided. Praise God for Annette Binney from Changepoint Church who has stepped up as our new Gap Ministries Coordinator! She will encourage and network with our individual gap ministry leaders and help manage this important part of our ministry.
- Praise God for a volunteer Personal Care Drive Recruiter Patti Anderson from Church of the Resurrection. If your church or another group you work with (Girl Scouts, youth group, etc.) would like to host a personal care drive, please contact Patti at email@example.com.
- Praise God with us for many Love INC projects and activities that have been completed recently. Our 2011 Annual Report is published. Spring Into Praise Night went very well. A donated printer was installed. Our committees are working hard and moving forward in many areas of ministry. God has been so good to us!
Please continue to pray with us for our clients. Please read the situations below and choose one or more of these clients to lift up in prayer throughout this month. (As always, the names are changed to protect confidentially.)
- Harold was burned out of his apartment. He has completed alcohol rehab and is now renting a room and trying to start over. Please pray that God would provide employment for Harold during this critical time.
- John is working on his GED and trying to get his life in order. Please pray for his health. He has high blood pressure and needs to lose weight.
- Jane is disabled and has many health problems. She is on a limited income. Her daughter has been stealing from her. Please pray for healing, both physically and relationally. Please pray specifically for Jane’s grandson to do well in school.
- Edith has been disabled since 2002 due to health issues. Please pray that she would be able to find a suitable apartment in a safe area.
- Sally has been in a battered woman’s shelter and feels alone and very sad. Please pray for healing, wholeness, and healthy companionship.
As usual, a monthly prayer calendar is attached. Thank you for your continuing prayers for Mid-Hudson Love INC.
“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” - Isaiah 40:29-31
Mid-Hudson Love In the Name of Christ PRAYER Update
– May 1, 2012
Attached is a prayer calendar for this month. Thank you to all of you who continue to pray
faithfully and regularly for God’s work through Mid-Hudson Love INC.
We praise God for our published 2011 Annual Report, which we will send to you electronically
within the next couple of weeks. It is good for us to look back on a year and reflect on the many
ways God is at work to meet needs and transform lives. We praise God too for our Spirit-filled
Night of Praise on April 13. We thank Vineyard Community Church for hosting us and leading
us in songs of worship and praise. We thank those who provided technical support and
refreshments. But, most of all, we thank God who allows us to participate in caring for His
We would like to invite you to pray with us for some specific clients this month. (The names
have been changed for the sake of confidentiality.)
Flora was recently released from prison and is currently living with her father and her
five children. Her mom has been in a coma and on life support for the past three years.
Flora is unemployed. We have helped her with prayers and encouragement, with
personal care items, and with linens. Please pray for Flora, specifically for her children
to do well in school, for good health for her and her family, and for strength in care-
Eric is physically and mentally challenged. He is currently in recovery and would like to
live on his own. We have helped him with personal care items, prayers and
encouragement. Please pray for Eric’s healing, continued recovery and self-sufficiency.
Elaine has mental, physical and financial problems. She has no family in this area.
Please pray that Elaine would be healed from seizures.
Marianne has a low-paying job and is trying hard to make ends meet. We have assisted
her with personal care items, clothing and prayers. Marianne requests prayers that she
would be able to home-school her teenage son, who is afraid at this school. Please pray
also for an improved financial situation for Marianne.
Mary’s husband died recently. She has a 13-year-old son and can no longer afford the
apartment where they are currently living. Please pray for healing for her and her son in
their grief and for financial stability.
Joanne is a mother of three and a victim of domestic violence with no family support.
We have provided prayers, encouragement, personal care items, household items and
furniture to Joanne. Please pray for protection for her and her children, for people to
come alongside her for support, and for her needs to be met.
Thank you for praying with us for these precious children of God!
“I lift up my eyes to the hills – where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.” – Psalm 121:1-2